Usage and Safety
At Remington Cutlery, we encourage you to use your knife safely.
• Always handle your knife with care!
• Cut away from your body, not toward it.
• If you drop your knife, let it fall. Don't attempt to catch it.
• Never run with a knife.
• Don't throw a knife to/at anyone. Hand it to them, handle first.
• Never point a knife at anyone.
• Do not use a locking blade if the lock will not stay locked open.
• Keep your knife folded or sheathed when carrying or storing.
• Use a sharpening stone, not a power grinder to sharpen your knife.
• Use the right tool for the job.
• Don't use a knife for prying. It can cause the tip to break, possibly causing injury.
• Use in a well-lit area, so you can see what you're doing.
• Do not use a knife on "live" electrical items like appliances.
• Keep your knife clean, particularly the locking mechanism.
• Keep your knife oiled and sharp. A sharp knife is safer than a dull one.
• Don't try fixing a Remington knife yourself. It is dangerous and voids the warranty.
• If you get cut, seek first-aid immediately.